With three years’ experience working for Coffee House Writers, I have come to love writing and editing almost as much as reading. You can see some of the books I’ve edited here. Depending on your needs, I…
- Promote books — On Functionally Fictional — Featured book of the week, Promoted Books page post, cover reveals, release-day shares, etc. (Fill out spreadsheet here)
- Beta read — Take notes on things I like, things that don’t make sense, strong reactions, etc., followed by a summary of feedback
- Proofread — Typos, punctuation errors, grammar inconsistencies
- Full edit — In-depth edit of grammar, spelling syntax, etc., plus content/structure feedback
Preferences, including what I will and will not edit, are beneath prices.
|Beta Read (providing basic feedback)||$15 for <50,000 |
$20 for 50,000-80,000
$25 for > 80,000
|Proofread (light editing and feedback)||$10/10,000|
|Full Edit (detailed editing, content/structure feedback)||$50/10,000|
**One sample chapter will be edited for free upon inquiry. This will be used to determine whether we wish to continue working together.
**Second round of edits is half price.
**Minimum of $50 for editing and $10 proofreading, regardless of word count.
***All services over $15 require a 50% deposit. Anything under $15 must be paid in full upfront.***
Invoices are sent via PayPal.
Currently not taking on new clients for full editing, but I may consider YA/NA romance. I am still proofreading and beta reading.
What I will edit, beta read, etc.:
- YA fiction — All genres (Preferred)
- NA fiction — All genres (Preferred)
- Adult fiction — Contemporary/romance, light fantasy, urban fantasy, historical fantasy
What I might consider editing, beta reading, etc. with a compelling synopsis/argument:
- MG fiction — Fantasy, adventure, contemporary
- Historical fiction
- Epic fantasy
- Science fiction
- Paranormal romance
What I will NOT edit, beta read, etc.:
- Nonfiction (unless you make a compelling argument, then I will consider editing, but I will not beta read or review)
- Anything with strong abuse, rape, or harassment as a recurring theme.
Contact me here or email email@example.com